Join Amy Shulke, professional illustrator and art instructor for an innovative approach to learning Copic Marker blending technique.
Maybe you're a complete Copic beginner-- but odds are, you've taken more than one marker class. You've watched lots of free coloring videos and you've read more than a few blogs and tutorials.
If beginner coloring lessons worked, you'd be blending like a pro already.
It's time to put away the project-based approach to learning Copic Markers. It's needlessly complicated and the results are rigged to keep you coming back for more classes.
Learn how to blend like an artist -- with confidence and independent spirit
The Blend is a 12 Week Study
We're stripping away the distractions which come with coloring cute but deceptively complicated commercial stamps.
With the focus on developing technique rather than copy-catting the class sample, you'll master basic blending skills faster and understand blending at the core level.
Wouldn't it be nice to not worry about blending anymore?
Amy guides you through the complete blending process with comprehensive demonstrations filled with tons of tips, tricks, and technique break-downs.
Class images target specific skills without frustration. Repetition builds confidence, allowing you to master each new blending challenge. Every lesson encourages independent thought and creativity.
The Blend is for Copic beginners and anyone who is frustrated with blending
Smoothly blend Copic Markers using flick, swish, fence, and blending strokes
Select quality materials for best results
Control your marker strokes for neat & tidy results
Apply ink efficiently
Basic marker care & maintenance
Make minor corrections (and how to tell when fixing will make it look worse)
Choose unique blending combinations based on taste, realism, or the colors you have available
Simple underpainting methods
Determine stroke directionality
Apply shade correctly for dimension
Simple color sculpting
Apply easy highlights using fool-proof tools
The Blend is a 12 week course
New videos, tips, and techniques every week plus feedback and community support
$120 for lifetime access
Practice Images: Ladybug, Ice Cream Treat, Oak Leaf
Your Purchase Includes
- 1 PDF easy-print image per month for 3 months (four projects per page)
- 1 PDF easy-print learning aid (four items per page)
- PNG versions of the 3 monthly stamps (Summer selection = ladybug, ice cream bar, oak leaf)
- PDF instructions for handmade Blend Journal -- combine your samples plus learning aids into a convenient reference resource
- 16 video lessons (each 20 to 40 minutes long)
- Skills build on top of each other weekly, slow learning for maximum growth and deep understanding
PLEASE NOTE: Lessons are released gradually
One segment is opened per week for a total of 12 weeks. New skills are added on top of the previous lesson for maximum growth, confidence, and long-term memory building.
Purchase includes membership in The Blend's exclusive community forum access for discussion, assistance, and feedback. See FAQs below for more forum info.
Available IMMEDIATELY Upon Enrollment:
- Ladybug PDF easy-print coloring image
- Ladybug PDF easy-print learning aid
- Expanded supply info and instructions
- Forum onboarding instructions *see FAQs below for forum info
- Introductory video
- Video lesson #1
Subsequent Weekly Releases Include:
- Handmade Blend Journal instructions-- combine your samples plus learning aids into a convenient reference resource
- PNG files for digital stamp images
- Easy-print PDF coloring images for months 2 and 3
- Easy-print PDF learning aids for months 2 and 3
- Video lessons #2 through #16
- Forum prompts and discussion
WARNING (July 1, 2022) The full supply list has not yet been finalized. I will add supplies for the Ice Cream Bar and Oak Leaf segments as these episodes are filmed. As always, I try to keep the supply list to a bare minimum to minimize your costs and keep the class accessible to everyone. Thank you for your patience.
For all segments:
- Acrylic clipboard, glass craft surface, or other non-porous coloring surface (discussed in first video)
- X-Press It Blending Card (no substitutions)
- Laser printer or Copic-safe ink jet model (I do not recommend tracing images for this course
Link to Oak Leaf supply list* coming soon
* supply list includes affiliate links to trusted retailers
Classes you may want to take during or after The Blend:
(click image to see class info page)
Flutterby - A Beginner's Introduction to Push & Pull for Depth
Oopsie Daisy - A Beginner's Introduction to the Flick Stroke
Coloring Basics, Flick Stroke - 2 Instructors Share Personal Tips & Tricks
Coloring Basics, Blending Technique - 2 Instructors Share Personal Tips & Tricks
Amy is a professional freelance technical illustrator with 25 years of experience in graphic arts. Amy began using colored pencils in 1985 and she started with DeSign markers in 1989. Colored pencils with a base of either marker or watercolor is her preferred process for portraiture and scientific illustration. She has a special passion for teaching crafters and shy artists to stretch their boundaries by adding established fine art techniques to their coloring projects.
Join Amy for fun and highly informative lessons which will not only change the way you color but the way you see color in the world around you.
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
"It's the OMG moments. That's why Amy's classes rock. She explains things that you've maybe noticed before but never thought much about. I love it!"
"At 62 years of age I have no illusions about becoming a great artist but. I am so appreciative of the change in my perception since taking classes with Amy at Vanilla Arts Co. Now I see the play of colors, the motion and the grace... It's a great way to view the world around me."
"I just love the things I'm learning and can't wait to start the next project. Your images are challenging for me and I like that. I'll never look at another image and how to color it the same again!"